Wednesday, January 26, 2011

What Was Is Not What Is

I know I might have missed my chance
But my heart keeps on trying to dance

Everything I thought was real is gone
Every feeling I used to feel was wrong
My heart and soul, are one in whole, but sometimes cold as stone
Everything I thought was real is gone.

Sometimes life throws us curves, but we can counter with medicinal herbs
I'm not talking about the drugs, oh no.
Sometimes we hear the best of words, but people prefer to give a curse
I just wish life could be better, oh yeah.

So I find this girl I think is the one. I dream about the possible fun.
But things take another turn, oh no.
I feel as though I've been shunned, I hate feeling this way so I am done
But things will get better, oh yeah.

Everything I thought was real is gone
Every feeling I used to feel was wrong
My heart and soul, are one in whole, but sometimes I feel cold as stone
Everything I thought was real is gone.

I try to improve, it's so swearin' hard. I need a new hand of cards.
Cause I have some bad odds, oh no.
But this is my life, it's my part. I will find a place that I can start.
I will get better, oh yeah.

Things are bad, but I don't care. I sometimes think it's more than I can bear.
But I won't give up, oh no.
I will find a life and find a girl. Make some money and make my world
I will succeed, oh yeah.

Everything I thought was real might be gone.
But I am resting my hopes, for the distance is long.
My heart and soul, are one in whole, but they're never cold as stone.
The previous way is gone.
The new way will be renowned.